The Society for the Study of Evolution has several options for membership. Our main area of expertise is in supporting professional scientists and their students, but we also encourage K-12, community college educators, and affiliated professionals to join us in our mission. Memberships are for a calendar year, January 1 – December 31. You may join and/or renew your membership online with a credit card or by mail. Come be part of a worldwide community that promotes the study of organic evolution!
To renew your membership or join the Society, please go to https://payments.evolutionsociety.org/joinsse/.
To join or renew by mail, please us this form, 2017 SSE Membership Form (.pdf)
You can now give a gift membership to a student for $10. This is a great way to introduce students to the Society for the first time. Gift memberships can also be purchased for colleagues in developing nations at the same low rate of $10. You can do this at the same time as your renewal or at a later date. https://payments.evolutionsociety.org/joinsse/.
If you have any problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SSE staff team.
Regular Member - Any person who is a professional in the field and does not fit into the categories below. - $50
Regular Developing Nation – A professional in the field that inhabits a developing nation. - $20
Postdoc Member - Any member who is either holding or transitioning from/to a current postdoctoral position, or has completed a PhD no more than 8 years earlier and does not hold a permanent position. - $35
Student Member - Any full-time (degree-seeking) student who submits an application. - $25
Emeritus Member – Professional who is now retired. - $20
Family Members: - Members of the families of one of the member types above. Family members have the same privileges as other members except they share one copy of all publications and/or mailings from the Society. Add +$5 to the main member's membership type.
K-12 Educator - K-12 teachers interested in evolution and our mission. - $20
Life Membership – Purchase a lifetime membership, including online access during your lifetime with no need to renew each year. - $800
Members may purchase the print journal for an additional cost of $180 for the 2017 volume.
Benefits of SSE Membership
- Obtain online access to Evolution (login as an SSE member)
- Ability to purchase a year of Evolution in print for your personal use
- 12 free pages in Evolution
- reduced fees for Open Access publication in Evolution
- Make connections, foster relationships, find your next job and share information & research with scientists and educators around the world
- Greatly reduced rates for our annual scientific conference where you may present your work (poster and oral presentations)
- Professional Development Opportunities (serve on a committee, run for office, write and review manuscripts, educational outreach and mentorship with middle and high schools)
- National & international recognition for your work
- Access to a great variety of SSE awards and prizes
- access to Evolutionary Applications (login as an SSE member)
- Reduced fees for publication in Ecology and Evolution
- 25% discount on purchases from the Wiley-Blackwell website (login as an SSE member)
- 30% discount on purchases from the The MIT Press website (login as an SSE member)
- 30% discount on purchases from the Princeton University Press (login as an SSE member)
- Reduced open access fees for Evolution Letters ($2500 for non-members, $1800 for members of SSE)